After a site survey I have decided to open tomorrow. A few things to remember:
- Children need wellies, hats, coats and indoor shoes in a bag (labelled) and possibly spare socks
- Children will be outside during break if they have suitable clothing
- Car park is very slippy but hope will be cleared by the morning
- Please take care when dropping off and don’t park on a slope
- Make own decision if journey is safe
- Children can be dropped off from 8:30am to ease congestion at 9
Please keep an eye on this blog if weather takes a turn for the worse.
The decision to close the school is mainly based on the advice of the local authority and their transport department. As soon as I receive the advice for tomorrow (13th December) I will make a decision and post here. Yesterday that advice came around lunchtime, so I am expecting to hear soon.
The BOPA Disco planned for Wednesday 13th December has been postponed.
Due to continuing dangerous road conditions, Bryn Offa will remain shut on Tuesday 12th December.
Due to the dangerous conditions on the roads, Bryn Offa will be closed on Monday 11th December 2018.
8th December 2017
Conditions are worsening so the school is being closed due to safety. Please come to collect children asap or arrange to be at home for children being dropped off by bus. We are hoping to have buses collect at 12:00 lunchtime. Sincere apologies for this, but safety must take priority.