Bryn Offa Vision
At Bryn Offa Church of England School, we are a friendly and supportive family. We are proud of our school and enjoy learning in our beautiful setting. We aim to be the best we can be while always encouraging others. We show care and respect to all in our local and wider community. Our Christian values are at the heart of all we do.
Colossians 3:23 ‘Whatever you do, do it whole heartedly…’
Bryn Offa School Mission
As a Church of England School, we ensure our Mission reflects who we are, what we do and how we do it. Our Christian Vision rejoices in every child. At Bryn Offa, we are achieving high expectations, inspiring pupils’ dreams, opening their minds and creating positive futures.
“We can do all things through Him who strengthens us” (Philippians 4:3)
Provide a safe, healthy and caring environment where children can thrive emotionally, physically and morally
- High standards and expectations of behaviour and discipline
- An effective pupil voice allowing pupils to be openly expressive and encouraging others
- A strong moral code underpinned by Christian values
- Safe and stimulating physical activity
Promote an enjoyment of learning and the highest possible achievement for all learners
- High standards of teaching and learning
- Stimulating, enjoyable and personalised curriculum
- Accurate and meaningful assessment
- Support for the least able and enrichment for the most able
Develop confident and responsible children with the skills and attitudes necessary to become successful
- Well-developed PSHE curriculum with school values embedded into lessons
- Develop respect for each other and a respect for diversity
- Accepting every child is unique and developing the individuality of every pupil
- Ensure fun and enjoyment are at the centre of everything we do
Be a source of pride for the local community but also to see beyond it
- Opportunities to contribute to the local and wider community
- An engagement with all stakeholders
- Links with other schools and communities
- Give a high priority to minimising the environmental impact of the school
Bryn Offa Christian Values
As a Christian church school we are rooted in faith but reach out to all. At the heart of our school are a set of core Christian Values. These underpin our whole ethos, curriculum and school life and aim to ensure our pupils leave Bryn Offa C of E Primary School as happy, secure, caring and responsible citizens. The values we promote are important within the school community and are values which will be important throughout life. In all that we do we strive to share, encourage and demonstrate positive values with our children; in order that they understand them and strive to live by them.
During the school year in our Collective Worship we focus on Christian festivals including Harvest, Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Lent, Easter, Ascension and Pentecost. Bible stories and our Christian values link closely in with these to form the basis of our Collective Worship time – an importance is also placed on times of reflection for the children as a time to contemplate on their own beliefs, values and experiences.
Our Monthly Christian Values are:
Respect, Justice, Courage, Forgiveness, Perseverance, Truthfulness, Compassion, Friendship, Thankfulness, Service, Generosity
These values are designed to promote spiritual and moral development.